Deactivating Users (Learners)
When a Learner leaves your organization he or she should be deactivated. Inactive Learners are unable to log in to the system and do not count against your organization's contracted user allotment. If a Learner later rejoins your organization or needs access to his/her certificates/transcript, you can reactivate the Learner.
By default, inactive Learners do not display on reports and are not eligible to receive any enrollments in curricula or modules. However, you are still able to include inactive Learners in reports by changing the Learner Status filter in the selected report to Inactive or All.
To deactivate a Learner, click the Users tab and then search for the person by name. There are two methods to manually deactivate a Learner:
1. Check the box next to the Learner(s) you wish to deactivate, and then click the "Deactivate" button.
2. Click on the user name as you would to edit the profile. Scroll down to the Settings section, and change the Account Status drop-down to Inactive. Scroll up and click Save.
Note: Deactivating the Learner will remove all enrollments. Deactivating a Learner will not remove any of the Learner's previous completions.
Activating Users (Learners)
To locate inactive users, click the Users tab and change the "Active" drop down to read "Inactive" or "All," then search for the user by name. There are two methods to manually reactivate a user:
1. Check the box next to the Learner(s) you wish to activate and then click the "Activate" button.
2. Click on the user name as you would to edit the profile. Scroll down to the user settings, change the Account Status drop-down to Active. Scroll up and click Save.
Upon reactivation you will need to enroll your Learner in any applicable modules or curricula if necessary (unless your organization is utilizing auto enrollment profiles for curricula).
Placing Users On Leave
When an employee takes a leave of absence and you still want their accounts to receive training during their absence you can use the On Leave status.
To place a Learner On Leave, click the Users tab and then search for the person by name. There are two methods to manually place a Learner On Leave:
1. Check the box next to the Learner(s) you wish to place on leave, and then click the "On Leave" button.
2. Click on the user name as you would to edit the profile. Scroll down to the user settings, change the Active drop-down from Active to On Leave. Scroll up and click Save.
- A user whose RLMS account is marked ‘On Leave’ will receive an email alert notifying the user of the change in account status. Users who are ‘On Leave’ will not be able to log in to their RLMS account until an Administrator or User Management Supervisor marks the user’s account as ‘Active’
- Users who are ‘On Leave’ will continue to receive manual and auto-enrollments for both curricula and modules. Overdue courses will compile on the user’s Current Training tab and the user will be responsible for completing all assignments missed while on leave when they return
- Users who are ‘On Leave’ will not show in RLMS reports, therefore these users’ coursework will not affect compliance or completion metrics while the account is ‘On Leave’
- All ‘On Leave’ users will count towards the organization’s contractual allotment
NOTE: Please be aware that if your organization uses HRIS Integration (user information is automatically updated in Relias through your HR system), we strongly advise you to notify your HR department of the change in status rather than activate or deactivate manually. Otherwise, Learners that you manually deactivate may be automatically activated, and Learners that you manually activate may be automatically deactivated. To learn more about HRIS Integration, see Text File Importing for HRIS Integration: Client FAQ Page and Text File Importing for HRIS Integration
To get back to the Knowledge Base and the master list of topics, please click here: RLMS Knowledge Base