Fixed Date - Nonrecurring Training Plan
A Fixed Nonrecurring training plan allows for fixed date requirements to be assigned to each module within the training plan. This training plan will not recur. For example, all employees must complete a specific module before December 31st, so that the organization as a whole will be up-to-date on the new requirement.
Once Learners complete the modules within the plan, they will be automatically unenrolled from the training plan and there will be no recurrence.
Creating a Training Plan
In order to begin creating your training plan, click on Learning > Training Plans > Training Plan List > New Training Plan.
Step 1: Basics
A unique title is required for each training plan you create within your Relias site. These cannot be repeated, so you will need to be specific with your titles. A description is not required, but is a useful location to provide information related to the purpose of the training plan.
Step 2: Recurrence & Due Dates
To build a Fixed Date – Nonrecurring training plan, you'll first need to indicate that you'd like the sequence to recur. Please Note: Once the training has been saved and finalized, you will not be able to change the recurrence from Nonrecurring to Recurring
Next you'll need to set it to be Fixed to a specific date each year.
Step 3: Associating Modules with Training Plans
Next, you will begin adding modules to the training plan. To do this, click on the +Module(s) button and search for the modules you want to add.
Clicking on +Module(s) will bring up a pop up that lists all of the available modules in your site. You can search modules much like you do with learners. You can search using words that may be included in the title. You can also filter using the three default filters or by clicking on the "+Filter" button above Module Type to reveal other filters. Once the modules have been chosen, click on the check box beside the name and click Add to List.
Close the window when you have added the modules. After the modules have been added, you will see that you can choose a specific date for the modules to be due.
Please Note: Credit hour totals will be listed in the training plan Modules section based on the credit hours listed in the Properties tab. This may not be an accurate reflection of any potential CEU credits as those vary.
Step 4: Settings
The options given in the Settings section will vary depending on the type of training plan you are building. This will be the section that allows you to choose a couple of things:
- How soon the modules will be available to the Learners before their due dates
- If modules completed outside of the training plan can count towards requirements in the training plan
- If the Learner can only be enrolled in the training plan once (One-Time Only Training Plan )
- If reminder emails will be sent to Learners
- If the training plan is approved for enrollment
How should modules be available?
- Always Available: Choose this option if you would like enrolled Learners to have access to the modules immediately, regardless of the due date. Please keep in mind that if you choose this option, if a Learner takes a module that is due 1/31/2018, the next occurrence, 1/31/2019, will automatically become available and can be taken in 2018.
- Please note: Relias’ recommended default settings serve as a guide to help make the training plan creation process easier. Settings may be changed if needed.
- Only Available ___ Days Before Due Date: If you would like to restrict enrolled Learners' access to the modules up to a certain number of days before the module due date, choose this option. Simply enter the number of days before the due date you want the modules to be available. For example, if the module is due 1/31/2018, and you enter Only Available 30 Days Before Due Date, the module will become available to Learners on 1/1/2018. (Note: the limit to the number of days before modules can be available is 3650 days maximum)
When do Modules Completed Outside of this Training Plan Enrollment Count Towards this Requirement?
- Days Prior To Curriculum Enrollment (formerly Reporting Start Date): all curricula except curricula that have the one-time only setting enabled feature this option. This indicates, at the time of enrollment into the training plan only, how far in the past the system should look by default when considering whether or not to apply previous module completions toward the curriculum requirement. For example, many of your Learners may have completed a module in March, either as an elective or as part of another training plan. The following December, you enroll Learners into a training plan that includes that same module. If you set this setting to 365 days prior to the training plan enrollment, the system will apply completions within the previous 365 days toward the plan's requirement upon the Learner's enrollment. Those Learners will not be required to complete the training again. If a Learner completed the module, but did so more than 365 days ago, he/she will have to complete the training again. If you do not want to count previous completions at all, leave the number of days as 0.
- Days Prior to Module Due Dates: this option allows you to set the completion window to look back a specified number of days before the due date, regardless of whether it was completed in the same calendar year as the due date. It can also reject a completion if it falls outside of the window the Administrator has determined. For example, if the Days Prior to Module Due Dates setting is set to 90 days for a module due on January 30, 2018, a completion of the module on November 3, 2017 would count toward the January 30, 2018 requirement, and the next due date would rollover to January 30, 2019. However, a completion of the module on October 3, 2017 (outside of the 90-day window) would not count towards the January 30, 2018 requirement.
Select this feature if you would like the training plan to be one-time only, meaning that once a Learner completes the plan, he/she can never be enrolled in it again. If you can foresee a likely scenario where a Learner might have to retake a training plan, you should not check this box. If you want to make sure the Learner can never be asked to retake the same training plan after it is completed, you should set it to one-time only by checking the box. Please keep in mind that if this option is enabled, the system will automatically look for and apply credit for any past completions of the modules within the training plan. For example, if a Learner already took 1 of the 3 modules in that particular plan, that Learner will only have to take the 2 modules he/she has not yet taken.
Approved for Enrollment
If you want to save the training plan, but want to continue to modify the training plan and not allow Learners to be enrolled in it, you can select No. This will prevent the training plan from displaying to Learners in your site as available for enrollment. You cannot un-approve a training plan that has actively enrolled Learners. When you are ready to make this training plan available for enrollment, change the selection to Yes.
To get back to the Knowledge Base and the master list of topics, please click here: Relias How To Manual