A training plan is a grouping of one or more modules of varying types that can be assigned to one or multiple Learners. When logged into your site, you can locate the list of existing training plans by clicking on Learning, on the left hand navigation bar > Training Plans > Training Plan List
You can view your existing Training Plans here by using the Search Bar, or you can create a new Training Plans by choosing "New Training Plan" at the top of your existing list.
Training Plan Types
Relias provides many different types of Training Plans you can use. The details of creating each Training Plan type are provided in their respective article. Please click on the links below:
- One Time Only Nonrecurring and Nonreassignable- A nonrecurring training plan whose due dates are based on a designated number of days after the learner's hire date OR the date a learner is enrolled, however this Learners who have completed this training plan will not be eligible for enrollment in the future. This training plan can only be completed from start to finish one time. The Nonrecurring and Reassignable types are recommended in most situations.
Training Plan Properties
The properties for a training plan are broken into four steps:
Step One - Basics
A unique title is required for each training plan you create within your Relias Learning account. A description is not required, but it is a useful location to provide information related to the purpose of the training plan.
Step Two - Scheduling
This step will help in assigning how often the training plan will recur, if at all. You will also be able to determine how the due dates for non-recurring training plans will be determined. Fields in this step will change depending on the type of training plan you choose. While training plans may contain an unlimited number of modules with staggered due dates, all modules within a training plan will share these key properties when assigned to Learners. To learn more about due dates and how they relate to each specific type of training plans, please use the links above in the Training Plan Types section of this document.
Please Note: You will be unable to change your training plan from non-recurring to recurring after saving.
Step Three - Modules
In this step, you can begin adding modules to the training plan. To do this, click on the “+ Module(s)” button and search for the modules you want to add. Once you add the module(s) you want to the training plan, the system will prompt you to choose the due dates for each module. You can add as many modules as you want, but keep in mind that the more modules that are added, the more time your Learners will have to dedicate to completing their coursework.
BEST PRACTICE TIP: It is best practice to click save throughout the creation of your Training Plan. You may be interrupted or need to walk away, but this will save your progress. The Save button will appear once you begin the "Modules" screen if you are creating a new Training Plan.
Step 4 - Settings
The options given in the Settings section will vary depending on the type of training plan you are building. This will be the section that allows you to choose a couple of things:
- How soon the modules will be available to the Learners before their due dates
- If modules completed outside of the training plan can count towards requirements in the training plan (this is known as a "look back" window or Reporting Start Date)
- If learners will receive warning emails. (Enabled by default).
- Warning emails (if enabled) will be sent 30 days prior to a modules due date and once per week until the relevant modules are completed.
- If the training plan is approved for enrollment
Please Note: When you select a training plan the recommended best practices for settings will be applied. You will need to update these settings if they do not work for your organization.
Once you have completed the steps, click Finish. This will finalize the building component of your training plan and take you back to the Training Plan List tab.
If you are ready to begin enrolling Learners, go to the Training Plan you just created, and select the blue graduate cap icon on the right hand side of the training plan list.
Remember: Each property you set at the training plan level will be true for ALL modules in the training plan. If you have a training that needs to carry a different property than the other modules in the training plan, you will need to create a new training plan.
To see the specific details of all training plans on your site select the "Export Training Plans" link at the top of your Training Plan List. This will export your Training Plan details into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Additional information readily available in this export:
- Each module included in your training plans
- Auto Enrollment Information (if applicable)
- Module due date information
- Module type
- Module training hours
- Certificates and Approved CE Hours per module
- Below is a sample of the Exported Training Plan List:
To get back to the Knowledge Base and the master list of topics, please click here: RLMS How To Manual