We are in our first annual mandatory education process and some questions have come up about how we will monitor and pay hourly employees. Here are some more details:
- One course is due 3/31 and the other 9 courses are due 6/30 due to some regulatory requirements
- We estimate that the total training time for all courses is about 6 hours
- We want people to spread out the training so we don't take the financial hit all in one pay period or month
Questions that have come up:
- How do we monitor hours of training time within each pay period? This seems like a potential nightmare.
- Should we assign a single course or couple of courses to specific weeks and then pay for that course, thereby setting some really tight parameters?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you all!